There’s countless options and measures that we can take to ensure that our immune system remains strong all the time, but there’s one little herb that has gone unnoticed until now. Now we can say that oregano is the new trend.
Surprisingly, this oil isn’t part of most people diet regimes, but we’re going to show you how and why you should definitely add this super herb to your routine. Oregano oil has been used to fight infections, ward off bacteria, viruses, and overall, is a potent immunity booster. Its list of uses and potential remedie
- Attacks free radicals: Oregano oil has high levels of antioxidants, helping to prevent and reduce cellular damage, as well as reduce overall inflammation, and even inhibit the growth of cancer cells
- Allergies: Oregano is a potent antihistaminic that has been shown to reduce symptoms of environmental and seasonal allergies, sensitivities and even asthma
- Pain relieve: You can use oregano oil externally to relieve muscle pain and soreness, and it has been used to reduce pain related to rheumatoid arthritis. It’s possible that the properties of the hot oil are responsible for these beneficial effects. Make sure to mix the oil with some other base oil, since the oil itself can cause skin irritation
- Digestion: Oregano oil can help stimulate the production of bile and digestive juices, helping to improve overall digestion and assimilation of nutrients
- Fights infections: Cavacrol, one of the potent components found on oregano, is particularly effective against bacterial infections, and responds better than other herbs such as golden seal or Echinacea to improve your body’s immune system.
It is also a powerful remedy for candida and yeast infections, especially those resistant to anti-fundal drugs such as Difulcan. Not only can it prevent food-originated illnesses caused by pathogens such as Salmonella and E. coli, but it may also help relieve food poisoning symptoms.